work permit details

Canada offers several types of work permits and applications for temporary workers, business people, and students. These include:

  1. Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP): This program allows employers to hire foreign workers on a temporary basis to fill job vacancies that cannot be filled by Canadians or permanent residents. The TFWP includes several streams, such as the Low-Wage Stream, High-Wage Stream, and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program.
  2. International Mobility Program (IMP): This program allows employers to hire foreign workers without a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), which is typically required under the TFWP. The IMP includes several streams such as the International Experience Canada (IEC) for young people and the Global Talent Stream for highly skilled workers.
  3. Business Visitor Visa: This program allows business people from certain countries to enter Canada for short-term business activities, such as attending meetings, conferences, or negotiating business deals. Business visitors do not require a work permit, but must meet certain eligibility criteria.
  4. Study Permit: This program allows foreign students to study in Canada at a recognized educational institution. Students must have a valid study permit, and must meet certain eligibility criteria, such as having sufficient funds to support themselves while in Canada. International students in Canada are generally allowed to work while they are studying, but they will need to apply for a work permit in order to do so. The type of work permit for international students is called a “co-op/internship work permit” or “post-graduation work permit” and it is issued to students who are enrolled in a full-time program at a designated learning institution (DLI) and meet certain eligibility criteria. Co-op/Internship Work Permit: This permit allows international students to participate in a co-op or internship program that is a required part of their studies. The work experience gained through this permit is often an excellent way for students to gain Canadian work experience, which will be beneficial when they apply for permanent residence after graduation. Post-Graduation Work Permit: This permit allows international students who have graduated from a DLI to work in Canada for up to three years after their studies. This permit is linked to the length of their study program and the student must have studied in a program that is at least eight months long. It’s worth noting that there are different criteria and conditions to apply for each type of permit, such as the type of program of study, the length of the program, and the language proficiency level.
  5. Entrepreneur and Investor programs: These programs are designed for foreign entrepreneurs and investors who wish to start or invest in a business in Canada. These programs allow entrepreneurs and investors to apply for permanent residency, with the condition that they meet certain requirements, such as creating jobs and making a significant investment in the Canadian economy.

It’s worth noting that these programs are subject to change and the Canadian government may introduce new policies or make changes to the program as the situation evolves. I recommend checking the Government of Canada’s website or the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website for the most up-to-date information on work permits and applications for temporary workers, business people and students.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © All rights reserved. | ChromeNews by AF themes.