In 2023, there are several job opportunities available in Yukon, Canada for foreign workers. The Yukon Nominee Program (YNP) and the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) are two programs that enable employers to hire foreign workers in the region. Some of the in-demand jobs in Yukon for foreign workers include:
- Construction and Skilled Trades:
- Health Care and Social Assistance:
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
- Personal Support Workers (PSWs)
- Social Workers
- Tourism and Hospitality:
- Hotel and Restaurant Managers
- Chefs and Cooks
- Housekeeping staff
- Front desk agents
- Retail and Sales:
- Store Managers
- Sales Associates
- Customer Service Representatives
- Transportation and Logistics:
- Truck Drivers
- Heavy Equipment Operators
- Warehouse workers
- Natural Resources and Mining:
- Drillers and Blasters
- Geological and Mineral Technologists
- Environmental Technicians
- Information Technology:
- Software Developers
- Network Administrators
- IT Support Specialists
- Teachers (K-12)
- Early Childhood Educators (ECE)
These are just a few examples of job opportunities available for foreign workers in Yukon in 2023. It’s important to note that job availability may change over time and that some positions may require specific certifications or qualifications. It’s crucial to research the requirements of each job and program before applying.
Immigrate to Canada via Yukon Nominee Program streams
The Yukon Nominee Program (YNP) is designed to attract and retain skilled foreign workers and business people to help address labor shortages in Yukon, Canada. The YNP operates under several streams, allowing individuals with various skill sets and backgrounds to apply for permanent residence in Canada. The main streams within the Yukon Nominee Program are:
- Yukon Express Entry (YEE): This stream is for skilled workers who are already in the federal Express Entry pool and have a valid job offer from a Yukon employer. Applicants must also meet the criteria for one of the federal economic immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), or Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
- Skilled Worker Program: This stream is for foreign workers with a valid job offer for a full-time, permanent position from a Yukon employer in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Level 0, A, or B occupation. Applicants must have relevant work experience, education, and language proficiency.
- Critical Impact Worker Program: This stream targets foreign workers with a valid job offer for a full-time, permanent position from a Yukon employer in a NOC Skill Level C or D occupation. These are typically semi-skilled or low-skilled positions in high demand. Applicants must have relevant work experience and meet language proficiency requirements.
- Business Nominee Program: This stream is for experienced entrepreneurs and business owners who wish to establish, purchase, or invest in a business in Yukon. Applicants must demonstrate their business experience, have a minimum net worth, and make a substantial investment in a new or existing business. They must also actively manage the business and create employment opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
To apply for any of these streams, you must first review the eligibility criteria, obtain a valid job offer if applicable, and submit an application to the YNP. If you are nominated, you will receive a Nomination Certificate, which you can use to apply for permanent residence through Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Please note that the specific requirements, application processes, and selection criteria for each stream may change over time. It is essential to consult the official YNP website and review the most up-to-date information before submitting your application.