Home Canada Federal Immigration Program Eligible Hong Kong Residents to gets 2 new Permanent Residency pathways

Eligible Hong Kong Residents to gets 2 new Permanent Residency pathways

by Immigration Team
0 comment

The Canadian government is offering special two new paths to permanent residency for Hong Kong residents who work here or are recent graduates already living in the country. This program was expediated in view of ongoing pro-democracy protests that prompted the Chinese government to impose crackdowns and restrictions on Pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong.

As per the new pathway program, there are 2 streams for which a resident may be eligible. Hong Kong residents can apply for permanent residence under one of the following:

Stream A: In-Canada graduates:

This Category is for for applicants who have obtained a degree, diploma or graduate credential at a designated post-secondary learning institution in Canada over the last three years. For Stream A, the candidate must hold a graduate or post-graduate credential (for example, a post-graduate diploma) that should not be older than 5 years before a candidate can apply for this open work permit.

The credential must be for a program

  • that is a minimum of 1 year
  • that requires a post-secondary degree or diploma, which you completed no more than 5 years before you started the post-graduate program
  • at one of the following:

Stream B: HK residents having Canadian work experience for a min of 1 year or having worked for 1,560 hours of part time work in the last 3 years.

Fee: The fee to apply for these 2 streams is $1050 per applicant.

About Author

You may also like

Leave a Comment


Immigration 2 Canada is the your trusted source for latest news and updates on Immigration Canada

Immigration 2 Canada. All Right Reserved.