Immigration Canada has made some major changes to Super Visa program which surely will bring a smile to all those who are looking to bring their parents or Grandparents to Canada for long-term stay. These enhancements will make it easier for Canadians to reunite with their parents and grandparents in Canada and will allow super visa holders to stay for a longer period of time. These changes, which come into force on July 4, 2022.
- Changes effective from July 4, 2022.
- These changes will increase the length of stay for super visa holders to 5 years per entry into Canada.
- People who have a super visa also have the option to request to extend their stay by up to 2 years at a time while in Canada.
- These changes will allow international medical insurance companies to provide coverage to super visa applicants in the future in addition to the Canadian companies.
- Currently, only Canadian insurance providers can provide the necessary medical coverage that super visa applicants are required to have.