Fully vaccinated eligible foreign nationals can now enter Canada from September 7, 2021.
The visitors can travel to Canada for Non essential travel including tourism. This decision is based on the latest available data, scientific evidence and epidemiological situation both in Canada and internationally.
Beginning at 12:01 am EDT on September 7, 2021, fully vaccinated foreign nationals will be eligible to enter Canada for discretionary (non-essential) reasons, such as tourism; however, these individuals must fulfill the following conditons:
- They should be fully vaccinated and will need to show proof of full series of a vaccine — or combination of vaccines — accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada
- Approved vaccinations includes Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen
- The traveller needs to be asymptomatic
- submit their mandatory information via ArriveCAN (App or website), including proof of vaccination in English or French and a quarantine plan
- have a valid pre-arrival COVID-19 molecular test result taken no more than 72 hours before their scheduled flight or their arrival at the land border crossing, or a previous positive test result taken between 14 and 180 days before departure to Canada. Antigen tests, often called “rapid tests,” are not accepted
As of August 9, fully vaccinated travellers do not need to take a test on arrival unless they are randomly selected to complete a day 1 COVID-19 molecular test.